Seeds & Starts
Connect@greensteeze.com 5714154866 (Text/VM)
We hand collect & source native seeds, saplings & perennials locally from properties we service, where there is less space for new plants & the plants/seeds can be easily identified. Native seeds are typically collected in the fall & require cold stratification. If we run out of seeds, they are sourced locally & responsibly.
In addition, we start & customize trays of vegetables & some native plants for spring installation. This includes delivery to Northern Virginian locations only. The seedlings are grown indoors in hydroponic/aeroponic/aquaponic systems & fed an organic nutrient solution derived from fish. Starts require hardening off before transplanting to the garden if installation is not purchased.
*We also pot & donate native plants to local Master Gardener Programs in support of their efforts to educate the community & keep the Chesapeake Bay clean.
Check Out What We Do ..
- Consultation $150
- Install native seeds (Fall/Winter)
- Grow plants from the Plant Start List (Winter-Spring)
- Deliver custom starter trays in Northern VA (Spring)
- Plant herbaceous starts in your garden (Spring)
- Currently we don't package & sell seeds
- Touring/in-person shopping is unavailable
- No shipping of plants
List of Native Seeds: (Available Fall 2022 for installation)
- Common Milkweed (Asclepias syriaca)
- Black Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa)
- New England Aster (Symphyotrichum novae-angliae)
- Redbud Tree (Cercis canadensis)
- Wild Indigo (Baptisia australis)
- Jewel Weed (Impatiens capensis)
Transplants/Propagated: (Available Spring 2023)
- Christmas Fern (Available Fall 2023)
- Mountain Mint
- Scarlett Bee Balm
Plant Starts: (Available Winter 2022-Spring 2023- Planted from Seed)
Click for varieties we like!
- Arugula (cool season)
- Basil (warm season)
- Bok Choy (cool season)
- Broccoli (cool season)
- Cabbage (cool season)
- Cilantro (cool season)
- Kale (cool season)
- Lettuce (cool season)
- Parsley (cool season)
- Peppers - sweet (warm season)
- Peppers - hot (warm season)
- Tomato (warm season)
- Spinach (cool season)
Connect with us for a particular variety & to find which varieties work best for your space!