Take a look inside of your bushes. What do you see?
In the woods, trees and shrubs self-prune to conserve energy for canes that are receiving better light. In our landscapes, trees and shrubs are less protected from the sun and elements. Pruning a shrub or tree improves its health and vigor, while enhancing the beauty of your landscape.
Improper pruning is one of the top 3 mortality reasons for the loss of trees and shrubs which are weakened and deformed this way. In many cases, it's better not to prune than to do it incorrectly, but long term neglect of pruning can cause major problems as well.
When we prune, we're working from the middle outward to create great airflow within the canopy. Crossing, damaged, dead and infected canes are removed. We then node prune for balance. Pruning is very successful with realist expectations. Years overgrown isn't going to be an instant repair with pruning. If it looks like this (photo below) within the canopy, it's going to take a considerable amount of time to prune it, and then you'll have to wait to see what the plant decides to do. Proper pruning gives it a better chance of having healthy, balanced growth.
Check out what we DO ..
- FREE Estimates for pruning requests
- 3 hour pruning visit $369
- Winter pruning (Jan - Feb)
- Schedule Horticultural Pruning
- If taller than 12', consult with arborist (click for Arborist Consultation)
Locations We DO:
Northern Virginia: Arlington County, Town of Vienna, Alexandria City, Fairfax County/City, Loudoun County, Manassas City, Prince William County
Plant invasive trees, sheer shrubs and trees to make them look like Dr. Seuss creations, top trees, commit crape murder, etc Can't work in dog poop.
- We care about your green space because it's a habitat
- The numbers aren't motivational for us. The more clients we have the more people we get to help build a love for the natural world
- We don't use harmful products or equipment just because it's faster
- We don't cut diseased shrubs & then come cut your shrubs with the same dirty tools
- We're not dog poop scooper uppers.. nor do we want to work in it
- We're real outdoor lovers.. not a bunch of hourly robots
- 100% honesty at all times
(prices are subject to change & are based on the work required)
*Certified & Insured